Important: Please select your preferred unit of measurement if you would like it to be set at the factory. The default displayed units are uSv/hr but the utility menu will allow you to change it to mR/hr anytime on your own.
- Monitor personal radiation exposure
- Monitor an area or perimeter
- Detect radiation leaks and contamination
- Ensure regulatory compliance
- Monitor changes in background radiation
- Demonstrate principles of nuclear physics
- Check for radioactive minerals in the earth
- Halogen-quenched Geiger-Mueller detector (LND712)
- Mica end window density is 1.5-2.0 mg/cm²
- Side wall is 0.012″ #446 stainless steel
- Detects Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and X-radiation
Display: 4-digit liquid crystal display with mode indicators
Accuracy: ±10% typical; ±15% max. (µSv/hr and mR/hr modes)
Alert: User-adjustable alert level to 500 µSv/hr and 60,000 CPM. Beeper sounds the alert
Anti-Saturation: Readout holds at full scale at high radiation levels
Audio: Beeper chirps for each count (can be muted)
Calibration: Cesium- 137 (gamma)
Certifications and Compliance: CE, RoHS, no conflict minerals used in manufacturing.
Count Light: Red LED flashes with each count
Gamma Sensitivity: 1,000 CPM/mR/hr referenced to Cs-137
|mR/hr: .000-110||CPM: 0-350,000|
|µSv/hr: .000-1,100||CPS: 0-3,500|
|Total: 0-9,999,000 counts||Timer: up to 40 hours|
Options: Computer software and cable available
- Output: Stereo 3.5 mm jack sends counts to computers, data loggers, other CMOS-compatible devices, headphones and educational data collection systems.
- Input: Mono 2.5 mm jack provides electronic calibration input. 0-3.3 V, >5 µs width, rising edge triggered.
Power: One AA alkaline battery (9-volt alkaline battery on some models). Average battery life exceeds 3,500 hours on AA models and 2,000 hours on 9 Volt models at normal background radiation levels at sea level. Battery life decreases as radiation level rises. This instrument (AA versions) can operate with one Energizer Ultimate Lithium Cell for even longer battery life.
Sensitivity: 1000 cpm/mR/hr referenced to Cs-137
Size: 150 x 80 x 30 mm (5.9″ x 3.2″ x 1.2″)
Weight: 225 grams (8 oz) including battery
This product is warranted to the original owner to be free from
defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the
date of purchase with the exception of the Geiger-Mueller tube,
which is warranted for one year. The battery is not included
in this warranty. International Medcom, Inc. will, at its own
discretion, repair or replace this instrument if it fails to operate
properly within this warranty period provided that it has not
been subjected to misuse, abuse, or neglect. Modification or
repair of this instrument by anyone other than International
Medcom, Inc. voids this warranty.
Contamination of this instrument with radioactive materials
voids this warranty. Contaminated instruments will not be
accepted for servicing at our repair facility.
The user is responsible for determining the suitability of this
product for the intended application. The user assumes all risk
and liability connected with such use. International Medcom,
Inc. is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages
arising from the use of this instrument.
The terms of this warranty are subject to change without notice.
Protect® Silicone Rubber Boot
GeigerLink USB Interface with Apps for OS X and Windows 10