Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Sales
Individual Purchasers – Pre-payment by money order or credit card
Distributors – Pre-payment by company check, money order or credit card. Net terms by special arrangement only.
International Sales – Customs and Value Added Taxes apply to sales.
Ordering from us: We accept orders via telephone, fax, email, and postal mail.
Order Form / Credit Card Authorization: If you are ordering by telephone, fax, email, or postal mail, please print an Order Form, fill it out, sign it, and return it to us by FAX at (707) 823-7207 or by email at orders(at)medcom.com.
Product Availability: Processing of your order is subject to product availability. If an order is placed for an item that is currently out-of-stock, we will contact you by telephone and/or email to inform you of the anticipated availability date and to give you the option of canceling your order if such date is unacceptable.
International Ordering Information
International Customers: Orders can be place direct on our online shopping cart or via email or phone (+1-707-823-0336).
Order directly from us: If there is not a distributor located near you, please contact us directly at contact(at)medcom.com, by fax (+1-707-823-7207), or by telephone (+1-707-823-0336).
Import Tax, Duty, and/or Customs Fees: The customer is responsible for payment of any and all taxes, duties, and fees related to the import of our product into your country.
Currency and Payment: All prices listed are in USD$ (US dollars) and all payments must be made in USD$ (US dollars). All online orders require payment by credit card (VISA, MasterCard, or American Express) PayPal or through payment by Amazon. For other orders, we accept payment by credit card, wire transfer, cashier’s check, business check, or personal check. Please note that advance payment by check is welcome but fulfillment of your order will be delayed until your check has cleared the bank. Checks must be drawn from a US bank.
Purchase Orders: We accept purchase orders (for On Receipt, Net-15, or Net-30 payment terms) only from our established customers with approved credit terms. In general, we also will accept purchase orders from city, county, state, or federal government agencies (including school districts) within the United States. If you represent a business or non-profit organization that can only order by purchase order, please contact us by telephone or email and we will see what we can work out (in most cases, your company or organization will need to apply for credit terms).
Credit Terms: Terms are pre-payment. We do not extend credit terms to individuals or new customers.
Sales Tax: We charge a state sales tax of 9% for sales transactions within the State of California.
Transaction Date: Your credit card will be charged on the day of shipment (see “Shipment Date”).
Shipping Method: Our standard method of shipment is via UPS Ground. Upon request, we will also ship via UPS – Next Day Air, UPS – 2nd Day Air, UPS – 3 Day Select, Fed Ex Overnight, Fed Ex 2nd Day, USPS Priority Mail or, USPS Priority Mail Express.
FOB Sebastopol: All shipments are FOB Sebastopol, CA. The risk of loss and title for all merchandise ordered on this website passes to you, the customer, when the merchandise is delivered to the shipping carrier by us, International Medcom, Inc. Important: Please inspect your unit on receipt. Immediately report any shipping damage that may need to be reported to the carrier. Test your unit to see that it is operating correctly.
Shipment Date: Most orders are shipped either on the same business day as receipt of order (if the order is received prior to 12:00 noon Pacific Time) or on the next business day following receipt of order (if the order is received after 12:00 noon Pacific Time). If there is a material delay in the shipment of your order, we will contact you by telephone and/or email to inform you of the anticipated shipment date and to give you the option of canceling your order if such date is unacceptable.
Shipping and Handling Fees — telephone, fax, mail, and email orders: We charge a flat-rate fee of USD$18.00 for all orders of a single instrument — or a single instrument plus the optional software — shipped within the continental United States via UPS Ground. If you order multiple quantities or multiple items, or if you request an expedited shipping method, we will charge the actual cost of shipping (as calculated by the UPS WorldShip™ software, the Fed Ex Shipping Manager software, or the online USPS Postage Calculator) plus a nominal handling fee.
Shipping and Handling Fees — online orders: Shipping and handling fees for online orders are calculated by our shopping cart. We have made every effort to configure our shopping cart so that the shipping and handling fees charged for online orders correspond as closely as possible with our standard shipping and handling fees.
Order Cancellation (online orders)
Cancellation — online orders: After filling out the online order form, you will be presented with a summary of the transaction and given the option to cancel or to place the order. After the transaction has been completed, it still may be possible to cancel your order if you contact us by telephone prior to 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time on the day that it is scheduled to ship (i.e., same business day if order is placed prior to 12:00 noon Pacific Time, next business day if order is placed after 12:00 noon Pacific Time). After that, a cancellation will be considered a return and will be subject to our Returns Policy.
Complaints or Disputes
Complaints or Disputes: If an error has been made on your order, please contact us immediately by telephone at (707) 823-0336 or toll-free within the U.S. at (877) 378-1010. If you have a complaint regarding your order, or a dispute regarding the transaction, please contact us in writing at: International Medcom, Inc., ATTN: Manager, 103 Morris Street, Suite A-5, Sebastopol, CA 95472, or by email at contact(at)medcom.com. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint as soon as possible.
We offer the following two-year limited warranty on all of our handheld radiation detection instruments and on our Hawk® radiation probes:
This product is warranted to the original owner to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two years from the date of purchase with the exception of the Geiger-Mueller tube, which is warranted for one year, and with the exception of the battery, which is not included in this warranty. IMI will, at its own discretion, repair or replace this instrument if it fails to operate properly within this warranty period unless the warranty has been voided by any of the following circumstances: misuse, abuse, or neglect of this instrument voids this warranty; modification or repair of this instrument by anyone other than IMI or their approved repair facility voids this warranty; contamination of this instrument with radioactive materials voids this warranty. Contaminated instruments will not be accepted for servicing at our repair facility.
The user is responsible for determining the suitability of this product for his or her intended application. The user assumes all risk and liability connected with such use. IMI is not responsible for incidental or consequential damages arising from the use of this instrument.
How to Request Warranty Service
If your instrument fails to operate properly within the warranty period, please package it carefully — with plenty of bubble-wrap and/or non-toxic packaging materials — Please call to receive an RMA number and ship it to our repair facility along with the completion of a Service Request Form.
For warranty services, the customer is responsible for the cost of shipping the instrument to our repair facility. IMI assumes responsibility for the cost of shipping the instrument back to the customer via our standard method of shipment.
Restrictions and Limitations:
The warranty is voided by any of the following circumstances:
- Damage due to shipping (this is the responsibility of the carrier)
- Misuse, abuse, or neglect of the instrument;
- Modification or repair of the instrument by anyone other than IMI or their approved repair facility;
- Contamination of the instrument with radioactive materials.
We will not, under any circumstances, accept for service at our repair facilities any instrument that has been contaminated by radioactive materials.
The terms of our warranty are subject to change without notice.
We will accept your instrument back for exchange or refund minus a 15% restocking fee if all of the following conditions are met:
- The instrument is in pristine (new and unused) condition, and
- The instrument is accompanied by the manual and Certificate of Conformance, and
- The instrument is accompanied by the original sales receipt or invoice, and
- The instrument is received back at our facilities within 30 days of the date of purchase.
To return an instrument, please package it carefully — with plenty of bubble-wrap and/or non-toxic packaging materials — Contact Us for a Return Authorization (RMA) number.
Restrictions & Limitations:
- We will not, under any circumstances, accept an instrument that has been contaminated by radioactive materials.
- All instruments returned for a refund are subject to a 15% restocking fee.
- The customer is responsible for all shipping costs and handling fees associated with the return of an instrument to us for an exchange or refund.
In a nutshell:
- We do not collect any data about you except whatever information you voluntarily provide through an inquiry or an order
- We use such data only to respond to your inquiry or to process your order
- We do not share your information with anyone else, except insofar as it is necessary to fulfill your request (e.g., to process or ship your order)
- We use industry-standard levels of security to protect your information both online and offline
- We currently do not send unsolicited emails to our customers or potential customers
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for http://medcom.com. This notice applies solely to information collected by these websites. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used, and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data;
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information; and
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing:
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our company, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. By contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website, you can do the following at any time:
- See what data, if any, we have about you;
- Change or correct any data we have about you;
- Request that we delete any data we have about you (with the exception of any completed financial transactions, such as a purchase that you have made from us);
- Express any concern you may have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure manner. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers &/or servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Use of Site Agreement
Copyright: All content appearing on this website is the property of IMI-International Medcom, Inc., 103 Morris Street, Suite A-5, Sebastopol, CA 95472. Copyright © 2005-2014. All rights reserved. As a user, you are authorized only to view, copy, print, and distribute documents that appear on this website so long as (1) the document is used for informational purposes only, and (2) any copy of the document (or portion thereof) includes the following copyright notice: Copyright © 2005-2014 IMI-International Medcom, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use of Site: This site may contain proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information, including product pricing and availability, may be changed or updated without notice. IMI and its subsidiaries reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, and/or cancel orders at its discretion, including, without limitation, if IMI believes that customer conduct violates applicable law or is harmful to the interests of IMI or its subsidiaries.
General Disclaimer: All product specifications, prices, warranty, policies, and terms & conditions of sale are subject to change without notice.