- Quickly alerts first responders to the presence of harmful levels of nuclear radiation
- Improves safety in the laboratory and in the field
- Automatically compensates for GM tube dead time
- Will not jam in high radiation fields
- Meets CE certification requirements for Europe
Sensor:Halogen-quenched Geiger-Müller tube. Effective diameter 1.75″ (45 mm). Mica window density 1.5-2.0 mg/cm²
Display: 4-digit liquid crystal display with mode indicators
- Accuracy: ± 10% typical; ±15% maximum
- Alert: µSv/hr: 0 to 500; mR/hr: 0 to 50; CPM: 0 to 160,000; Beeper sounds the alert
- Anti-Saturation: Readout holds at full scale in fields up to 100 times the maximum reading
- Audio: Beeper chirps with each radiation event (can be muted)
- Averaging Periods: Display updates every 3 seconds, showing the average for the past 30-second time period at normal levels. The averaging period decreases as the radiation level increases.
- Certifications: CE Certified: Emissions: EN 55011:98 + A2 (Class B emissions limits); EN 61326:06 (Class B) RF Emissions Immunity: EN 61326:06 (Annex C) Portable Test and Measurement Equipment; EN 61000-4-2:95 (ESD); EN 61000-4-3: 97; RoHS Compliant, Meets WEEE standards, and ISO 9001:2001 & ISO 14001
- Count Light: Red LED flashes with each count
- Detector: Halogen-quenched Geiger-Müller tube. Effective diameter 1.75″ (45 mm). Mica window density 1.5-2.0 mg/cm² Detects Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and X-radiation
- Efficiency: For 4 pi at contact
C-14 (49 keV avg. 156 keV max.): 5.3%
Bi-210 (390 keV avg. 1.2 MeV max.): 32%
Sr-90 (546 keV and 2.3 MeV): 38%
P-32 (693 keV avg. 1.7 MeV max.): 33%
Am-241 (5.5 MeV): 18%
- Gamma Sensitivity: 3500 CPM/mR/hr referenced to Cs-137 Smallest detectable level for I-125 is .02 mCi at contact
- Manual: Inspector Alert™ Surface Contamination Meter
- Operating Range: µSv/hr: .01 to 1,100 mR/hr: .001 to 110 CPM: 0 to 350,000 CPS: 0 to 5,000 Total: 1 to 9,999,000 counts
- Options: Wipe Test Plate - Retail Price: $75.00 (for U.S. domestic orders only – shipping and handling is $9.00 additional)
- Ports: Output: Stereo 3.5 mm jack sends counts to computers, data loggers, other CMOS-compatible devices, earphones, and educational data collection systems. 0-9 V, 1 kOhm impedance. Input: 2.5 mm mono jack provides calibration input. 0-3.3 V, > 5 µs width, rising edge triggered.
- Power: One 9-volt alkaline battery; battery life is average 2000 hours typical, 700 hours minimum at normal background radiation levels at sea level. Battery life decreases as radiation level rises.
- Size: 150 x 80 x 30 mm (5.9″ x 3.2″ x 1.2″)
- Temperature Range: -20º to +50º C , -4º to +122º F
- Timer: Can set sampling periods of 1 minute to 40 hours.
- Weight: 323 grams (11.4 oz) including battery