If you know how to solder (or want to spent 10 minutes learning how) you can build the Nano Kit in an evening, and be Safecasting the next day. You can take individual spot readings, or attach it to your car and drive around collecting geotagged radiation data that can be uploaded to
$75.00 of each bGeigie Nano Kit order is donated to Safecast.
- Product Guide: View Product Guide.
- Three Systems in One:
- bGeigie, xGeigie and iGeigie
- bGeigie mode – mobile radiation sensor with display indicator in CPM and µSv/h, number of satellites locked, height (m), distance traversed (km), total duration of measurement (h:m) and time stamp (dd:hh:mm:ss)
- xGeigie mode – geiger counter mode (no logging) with display indicator for uSv/h dose-rate (Cs137), max dose-rate, dosimeter, Bq/m2 display (Cs137), time stamp and Alarm LED
- iGeigie output – iPhone compatible output for Safecast iOS app. iPhone app shows dose rate and can upload data realtime to Safecast API.
- Sensor: LND 7317 2” pancake GM tube with Medcom iRover HV supply; capable of measuring alpha, beta and gamma radiation
- Modular design – main unit can be taken out of case to use as surface contamination survey meter
- High quality GPS receiver with external booster antenna connector
- Wireless option – bluetooth, 802.15.4 or Wifi supported through Xbee socket – send data wirelessly to bGeigie Ninja or smartphone (Experimental; wireless components not included in kit)
- Blue Indicator LED for every nuclide detected (with cool afterglow)
- Red Indicator LED for “recording” (bGeigie mode) or “alarm” (xGeigie mode) indicators
- Orange indicator LED for charge status
- Battery status indicator on OLED display, with low Battery alarm.
- Function button (user assignable)
- Buzzer (can be switched off)
- 2000mAh battery for approx. 40-hour nonstop operation in bGeigie mode. USB chargeable.
- Memory: 2Gb SD micro card (included)
- Hot switch between bGeigie and xGeigie mode (in xGeigie mode recording is paused)
- Many parameters configureable through config file on SD card (e.g. user name, conversion factor for µSv/h and Bq/m2, time interval, etc)
- OLED display: 128×64 high contrast, two OLED display sizes supported
- Realtime clock
- Watertight, shock resistant Pelican 1010 micro case in Yellow or Black.
- Carry strap and hook attachment (for car, cycling, walking, airplane, etc)
- Fits into “Topeak” Bicycle top bar case for us on road bikes (not included)
- Dual CPU: Atmel, Arduino. Open-source software.